Last night we had a really good meeting. The theme was Families. Veronica was our Table Topics Master for the first time and she did an excellent job with the questions.
We also announced the new officers for our next term.
Our NEW OFFICER BOARD is as follows:
- President – Grace Weltman, DTM
- VP of Education – Shelly Lipanovich, CC
- VP of Membership – Emily Wratschko
- VP Public Relations – Karina Gaete Llanos
- Treasurer – James Noh
- Secretary – Roman Messick
- Sargent At Arms – Christina Corona-Salinas
… And next week, Dec 3rd, we’ll be doing an induction ceremony for the new members. Grace, our new President, will have volunteer opportunities for anyone who wants to lend a helping hand this holiday season, to help the homeless in Los Angeles. Twenty percent of these people are children 18 or younger.
Our MENTORS MOMENT was give by Marlo, our President. Here are the 10 Tips For Public Speaking.
- No Material
- Practice, Practice, Practice [Because practice makes perfect: Repetition]
- Know your audience [Once you get comfortable, speak in front of other people. Get out of your comfort zone]
- Know your room
- Relax [No one probably even noticed you made a mistake]
- Visualize yourself giving your speech
- Realize that people want you to succeed [We don’t want you to fail!]
- Don’t apologize… just keep going
- Concentrate on the message not the media
- Gain experience
We also have a QUOTE OF THE DAY that is posted in the front of our meeting room, given by our President, Marlo.
“Forgiveness is unlocking the door to set someone free and realizing you were the prisoner” -Max Lucado