SOMETIMES WE HAVE TO LIE…
Sometimes there are different reasons why we choose to lie and whom we lie to. It could be for better or for worse, and sometimes it’s just better to go ahead and lie. Here are some steps you can take to make sure it goes smoothly:
1. Make peace with your decision to lie
Good lying means you already crossed any moral or ethical issues you been thinking of, and you have already decided that lying is the necessity.
2. Consider the probability of being detected
Before launching into your lie, ask yourself what are the chances of you being caught. You would know the best. Here’s some helpful questions to ask yourself:
– Have you been caught before by the people you’re about to lie to now?
– Were there witnesses? (Example: don’t snuggle up with someone at a party if you have a significant other. Someone they know could possibly be there among all those other people)
– Do you feel confident about revising events to make a whole new story?
3. Get your revision of events straight
Figure out what you’re going to say and what sorts of questions you’d likely be asked. Think of a true place, event, person, or story that your lie will fit into and use those details. KEEP IT SIMPLE!! The more things you have to lie about to support your original lie you are going to get tripped up. IT’S LIKE CHESS – You always have to think a few moves ahead. Think about who you’re lying to, what they know, and what is acceptable to them. Writing out a lie can help…. And enhance your memory of it! Maybe start a log of the lies told.
4. Use your imagination and invision the lie
In your mind if you enact it, “it actually happened” When you start retelling it to others, it becomes true to you.
…. These are just a few tips to get you lying real good. Visit this website for more details to perfect your lie! Lying Tips
THINK YOU CAN COME UP WITH THE BIGGEST, BADDEST, AND DARING LIE? Prove it…. and be a contestant in our Tall Tales Speech Contest which will be on September 10, 2011.